Thursday 9 August 2012

Welcome to Victoria Connelly

It's my pleasure to welcome multi-published author Victoria Connelly. Today, Victoria's going to talk to us about how she came to write her trilogy, It's Magic.
Over to you Victoria.

My husband and I got married in a medieval castle in the Yorkshire Dales. It was a fairytale-like day – I wore a Tudor-style dress with long trumpet sleeves, we had a harp playing by the fireplace in the great hall, and a bat flew down from one of the towers and circled the dance floor. But what wasn’t quite so romantic was that my husband was sent into a war zone just six weeks later in his role as a television news cameraman.

I panicked and truly believed I was going to become one of the world’s fastest widows and, as soon as that thought crossed my mind, I couldn’t help thinking, wouldn’t that be a great idea for a book?

Once my husband was safely home (later admitting that a bullet had grazed his shirt sleeve!), I started writing a book about a young widow who has her own group of tiny guardian angels to take care of her. It was called Flights of Angels and it was to become the first novel I would have published but there was one drawback – only Germany ever published it and, despite it even being made into a film over there, the UK have never published it.

Two more magical romantic comedies followed in Germany. Unmasking Elena Montella about a woman who is given a magical Venetian mask which helps her choose which of her three (yes – three!) fiancés is the right one for her. And Three Graces about a young woman who marries a duke and goes to live in his ancestral home only to find it’s haunted by a rather opinionated eighteenth-century ghost.

But there was still no UK or US publisher so, whilst writing non-magical romantic comedies like A Weekend with Mr Darcy and The Runaway Actress, I decided to make my magical trilogy available on Kindle where you can buy them individually or as a trilogy called It’s Magic. 

I really loved writing these three novels. Writing magic is so much fun and the scenes involving Claudie’s naughty guardian angels, Elena’s magical mask and Georgiana the ghost are some of my favourite, and I really hope that readers enjoy It’s Magic as much as I loved writing it.

You can find out more about Victoria at www.victoriaconnelly.com
@VictoriaDarcy

3 comments:

Jane said... [Reply to comment]

Gotta love magic! Wishing you all the best with these, from another writing Victoria (wink, wink), Vx

Victoria Connelly said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you, Victoria!

Jude said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Victoria(s). Love the sound of these books. J x

Related Posts with Thumbnails