Monday 22 July 2013

Book Review: Lost to the Desert Warrior

Lost to the Desert Warrior
by Sarah Morgan

Published: August 2013 by Harlequin Mills & Boon
Format: Paperback & ebook
ISBN-13: 9780373131778
Summary

"Walking into the lion's den unprotected, Princess?" For Layla, princess of Tazkhan, her arranged marriage means one thing - a lifetime of cruelty and captivity. Such an unendurable prospect drives her to throw herself at the mercy of Sheikh Raz Al Zahki - her family's greatest enemy!

Raz demands one thing in return for the safe haven Layla is seeking - this brooding desert king wants to make her his queen! Her freedom might be secured, but now her heart is at risk, for soon she's lost to the scorching heat of their marriage bed. However, it will take more than fire to thaw her guarded husband.
Review
Sheikh stories are not normally my thing and I haven't read one for years (in fact I'm not sure that I've ever read one), but the blurb for Ms Morgan's book piqued my interest and I decided to give it a go. I'm so glad that I did because I fell in love with Raz and enjoyed this book from its exciting start to the satisfying happy ending.

Layla is incredibly brave and a worthy heroine for Raz. She is determined in a quiet, non-feisty kind of way and applies logic to help her work out how to handle a situation. Raz is a born protector - both of his family and also his country. Together they are perfect for each other.

We see Layla's sister, Yasmin, and Raz's brother, Salem, briefly. She is lost in the desert and Salem is despatched to find her. Can't wait to read their story!

Rating
A great story which I thoroughly enjoyed. I give this book 5 out of 5.


Thank you NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read it.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails